Although the best way to combat the aging process is to start with anti-aging techniques and maintenance at an early age, just because you think you may already look older, does not mean it is too late to improve the appearance of aging skin. It is always best to start with a proper skin care regimen in addition to getting skin care services done to correct any damage already present. So, what are the best procedures to correct and build the collagen lost due to aging?
Here are a few of my favorite procedures for skin rejuvenation:
- Hydrafacial– a gentler form of skin rejuvenation that results in more hydrated, brighter, clear, and less aged skin. Can be done on its own in a series 3-6 or combined with a more aggressive procedure for added hydration.
- Microneedling-Stimulates collagen production by injuring the skin with tiny needles instead of heat or radiofrequency. Pore size is reduced, pigmentation lightened, with improved texture and reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I love adding the PRP (protein rich plasma) to this procedure.
- E-Two Sublative Facial- A non-ablative resurfacing procedure that targets acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles, pore minimization, and skin texture and tone. Does have some downtime, but is minimal compared to other ablative procedures, usually done in a series of 3-6.
- E-Two Sublime Facial-A skin tightening facial that has no downtime and is great paired with either the sublative or as an add-on to the hydrafacial.
- Chemical Peels-These promote skin cell renewal and range in strengths to target pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, and skin texture.
- Fillers and Botox– These are not resurfacing procedures, but they compliment any resurfacing procedure nicely. Botox will target the deeper lines in the forehead and crows feet areas and fillers can add volume in the cheeks and lips and fill the deeper lines in those areas.
Aubrey Novy LE,CME