Facial fillers like Juvederm, Restylane, and Belatero are used to fill the deeper lines in the bottom portion of your face and add volume in areas where the volume is lost like the lips and cheeks. In this article, I will discuss some benefits of fillers and what they can do for you.
- Almost Immediate Results– Fillers usually take 1-2 weeks to show optimal results; however, patients can experience smoother lines and added volume after just a few days.
- No Recovery Time– Procedures like facelifts offer great results but they do have a recovery time post-treatment. Clients who get facial fillers may have slight bruising and tenderness at the injection site, but this usually goes away within a few days. There are also ways you can prepare for your fillers and post-treatment guidelines that will greatly reduce the severity of the bruising.
- Gradual Pace of Treatment is an Option-Nervous about having bigger lips than you anticipated? Our skilled professional practitioner can inject at a gradual pace to get the fullness you desire so you can adjust to your fuller looking lips, providing a more natural transition.
- Filled Lips and Cheeks Feel Natural-Filled lips and cheeks feel natural and look natural when performed by a skilled practitioner and using high-quality fillers.
- Some Dermal Fillers are Natural-To name a few, Juvederm, Restylane, and Belatero contain Hyaluronic Acid which is naturally occurring within the body. Hyaluronic Acid fillers were approved by the FDA in 2003.
- Dermal Fillers are not Botox-Botox is not a filler, it works by making the muscles that give the appearance of wrinkles stay still. Botox is most commonly used in the forehead, glabellar, and crows feet areas.
- Topical Anesthetics are Available- Injections in the lips, cheeks and other areas of the face are by no means pain-free; however, we can minimize the pain by using topical anesthetics and in addition, most fillers have lidocaine in them to help keep discomfort to a minimum.
- Have a Photo? Bring it!-If you have photos of the lip size and shape you would like, we encourage you to bring it. The practitioner will take into consideration of the shape and size you desire along with your own unique anatomy to get the results that will complement your own facial features.
Aubrey Novy LE, CME